Friday, January 22, 2010

We are not a fundamentalist party

Talking of alliances, your differences with JD (U), SAD and Shiv Sena is getting deeper.

I have talked to all of them. There are no fundamental differences. There are differences in every family but does that lead to divorce?

In Bihar too, there is angst among cadres against Nitish Kumar and Sushil Modi. Are we going to see any change?

I don’t feel there is angst amongst the cadres. In Bihar, everything is going well. It does not require any change. The JD (U)-BJP alliance is doing marvellous work there.

Being a junior, do you thing there will be ego issues between you and some of the senior members of the party?

The positive change that has appeared in the party indicates that there will be no problem. All the leaders in the party are solidly behind me and I am positive they will continue to remain so.

It is being said that peeved by factionalism in the party, RSS has installed you as the president.

I was never with the RSS. I have been a member of ABVP. The party discussed my name and the decision was communicated to me by both Advani Ji and Rajnath Ji.

You talk about social changes and renunciation of vote bank politics. But your timely alliance with Shibu Soren in Jharkhand smells of opportunism.

By supporting Shibu Soren, we have not compromised with our ideology. It was the need of the hour. The ground reality in the state was that none of the parties had a majority. The Congress was out to form a government by all means. It had started poaching MLAs. Under the circumstances, we decided that we’ll give a stable government to the people of Jharkhand. Under the circumstances, we took the best decision.

The party used to pride itself as the “Party with a difference”. However, lately, the discipline of the party has gone haywire. Leaders are coming out in the open about their differences and insecurities. The organisation lies in tatters. What will you do to restore discipline and discourage factionalism?

I don’t want to discuss the past. I want to discuss the present. Chodo Kal Ki Batein, Kal Ki Baat Purani, Naye Daud Mein Likhenge, Milkar Nayi Kahani… I am just a simple worker of my party. I don’t have any vested agenda and I am not remote-controlled. I want to take all leaders along. I want a unified caravan that will strengthen the party.

Some people suggest that the way forward for BJP is to shift from the fundamentalist Hindu position towards a secular position. Do you agree?

We are not a fundamentalist party. We are liberals. We don’t discriminate on the basis of caste, creed, religion or language. Our goal is to free India from economic and social miseries.

For Complete IIPM Article, Click on IIPM Article

Source :
IIPM Editorial, 2009


An IIPM and Professor Arindam Chaudhuri (Renowned Management Guru and Economist) Initiative

Read these article :-

No comments: